Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hats Off To The Alpacas

Hello Everyone, 

This post has some firsts. It's the first time I have published on the Journal this year. It is the first time I have ever done a fashion shoot. It's the first time I have not been in back of the camera and in front. Face it, I am usually shooting Poodles or my nail designs. And it is the first time that I have made a contribution to the Style Crone's Hat Attack. 




I have a few hats and have worn them since High School. Most of you all know that I am in my mid 60's so I have been wearing hats for a few decades. Today I am wearing my favorite hat that I have ever owned.




Why is this my favorite? Well, it is 100% Kentuckian Alpaca and made in the USA. As you can see in these photos, I am pretty familiar with Alpacas (But, Herbie, our llama is stealing the scene from the 'Paca Boys).


Now getting back to the hat. It is an Australian Outback hat created by River Hill Ranch. I purchased it at a wool show about two years ago and have worn and worn it. It is the personification of my Wool Woman personality. 


So, since this is a fashion entry I will mention the other stuff. The purse is Nanette Lepore. The scarf was a present from my eldest this Christmas and I couldn't believe how it perfectly matched the gloves. My jeans are Madewell Skinnies. They never fail to look less than great. The jacket is a thrift find. It is Union Made so you know how old it has to be. 

The photographer is my hubby, Michael and the shots were just on our driveway of our farm (Meadowtree) that we have lived on for thirty five years. 

That's it for this post. Have a great 2016. Terri



No comments:

Post a Comment